Sunday, June 19, 2011

Saturday, June 4

The original plan was to visit the Botanical Garden, but it is closed on weekends. This was a big loss in my opinion and it is not clear that I will return to Santa Cruz in order to bird this spot. I also passed on visiting Las Lomas de Arena since the forecast called for rain. I slept in, which was well deserved after my flight and rum, and of course awoke to perfectly blue skies. Instead of birding, a small group (2 Canadian friends, 2 Welsh sisters and an Englishwoman) went to the market. I purchased a woven llama-yarn satchel to use as a makeshift camera bag for day trips. After returning, I spent the last hour of daylight strolling through Parque Urbano where I found Sayaca Tanager, Great Kiskadee, Saffron Finch, and Rufous Hornero. That evening, a large group went to the friendly between Bolivia and Paraguay.
Rufous Hornero (300mm f/4 1/320, ISO 400)

Bird tally: 4 total, 4 new, 2 lifers

No comments:

Post a Comment